Finding out you or your loved one has cancer or another life-threatening illness is life changing. I will help you with the medical issues and the decisions that you will encounter. I will help calm your spirit, focus your mind, and guide you.
- Help you think through, formulate, and organize questions to ask of your health care team members.
- Offer direction, practical guidance, and coaching as you consider the information and resources available to you.
- Gather and organize technical and resource information for you.
- Assist you to find other healing resources that may be right for you.
- Be a healing presence for you through supportive counseling: deep listening to emotional and spiritual concerns as well as the practical concerns.
- Assist in the development of a ‘wellness plan’ for the future, which may involve lifestyle changes to rebalance the body, mind, and spirit.
For those wishing to explore existential issues of faith and meaning from the illness, Spiritual Direction is also available.
This support helps one gain insight and make difficult choices. Then there is space to relax into decisions, and to respond in deeply meaningful ways.